1. From the iOS App Store, search for Open VPN Connect and install it. Then search for Microsoft Remote Desktop, install this as well. You may need your iTunes username and password to complete.
2. When both Apps have been installed, go to the Safari browser and enter in the following web address, ensure you have the https at the start
3. Enter your Sophos username and password and then click Login
4. Once logged in, click on Remote Access from the menu
5. Choose the last option in the list and click Install
6. A screen will then appear with the .ovpn file in view, click on the option to the right of screen Open in “OpenVPN”. The OpenVPN app will launch after a few seconds (please be patient whilst this occurs).
7. Under the Standard Profile, heading click on the green + icon.
8. Then enter your VPN Password, click the Save option to keep those details for future login’s.
9. Under Disconnected you will see a slider, click on it to Connect
10. An OpenVPN message will appear, choose Yes
11. Configuring will take place and then the VPN will connect. It will show as Connected with a green tick next to it.
12. Now from an iPad or iPhone you can run the Microsoft Remote Desktop App that was downloaded at the beginning. Run the App and click on the + icon on the top right of screen.
13. Choose Add PC or Server from the list, the top option
14. In PC Name put in the supplied IP address and leave the rest as is. Click Save in the top right hand corner. The IP address here is just for example purposes.
15. You will now have an RDP connection which you can use anytime you wish. Click on it from the list and put in your Username and Password. You have the option to save the details or not. If you are prompted to accept the certificate, click Accept. Then you will gain entry into the server.
Remember to log out of your session when complete, and go back into the Open VPN App and slide the Connected switch back to Disconnected, this will close the VPN connection.